Thanks to Mr Finch who has given permission for me to upload the old Higher Past papers sorted by topic. These could come up again but well worth practicing. Beware though, g was often taken as 10 ms-2. in multiple choice questions.
Linked to the Compendium Numbering Questions to test your understanding with full worked answers.
I’ll post the worked answers for the Learning outcome questions here. Please let me know if I’ve made a mistake and I’ll correct it….. and a warning- DON’T CHEAT and run to the answers as soon as you get stuck. It wont prepare you for your exam.
Uncertainties, Units Prefixes and Scientific Notation Answers
Updated 2nd June 2020
Our Dynamic Universe Answers
Particle and Waves Answers
This is just the start of the Learning Outcome Questions for Higher currently I’m just trying to get questions collated, but I am currently not teaching the Higher class so it is further down my priority list.
I’m fairly happy with the Units, prefixes and Scientific Notation and Uncertainties and I’ve started the worked answers (find in the LO Answers blog post).
Updated Jan 2021
Thanks to Mr Dawson from Wallace Hall Academy in D&G for these great resources. Use them well!
Here are some documents for setting exam papers which should be of use for teachers and also give students practise at answering questions from the command words.
My thanks to Mr S Farmer and Mr A Bailey for these.
Mr Dawson has sorted the SQA papers by topic to save time when revising. Don’t rush to the answers until after you’ve completed a whole section.
Thanks to Mr Dawson from Wallace Hall Academy (D&G) for this excellent resource. All your SQA Higher past papers sorted by unit and topic.
- Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
- Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
- You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.
- It always seems impossible until it’s done.
- You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.
- You don’t always get what you wish for; you get what you work for.
- It’s not about how bad you want it. It’s about how hard you’re willing to work for it.
- Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.
- The pain you feel today is the strength you will feel tomorrow. For every challenge encountered there is opportunity for growth.
I’ve taken some video clips (well Miss Horn did) of us trying out the Photoelectric effect as some people might never have seen it. I’m impressed how well it works, thanks to Mr Physics- who cleaned up the zinc plate. It needs polishing every 15 mins or so as it tarnishes very quickly and then wont work. The video of charging it positively and observing no drop in the gold leaf was just too boring to post. Hope you can watch them: I’ll have to try Plan B if not.