We are on the countdown for the Dumfries and Galloway Space School to Houston Texas around 10th October 2020.
Dear Parents/ Guardians,
We have an amazing opportunity to be involved in a fantastic and life changing school trip in October 2020. This is a chance to be part of a Dumfries and Galloway Space Experience. As someone who was part of the Scottish Space School in 2005, and who has taken groups in 2016 and 2018, I can assure you that students who attend have a great time and develop personally. We are planning this trip early so that there is plenty of opportunity to save over the next eighteen months to pay for the trip or to be involved in fundraising opportunities. We will be taking a group of 16-18 year olds, who we expect to be studying Physics, Engineering or Science in October 2020 and will still be at a secondary Dumfries and Galloway State Secondary school. This trip is not a site seeing trip and will involve practical tasks linked to launching, landing, and roving on Mars, so it is important that you have an interest in Science and or engineering.
I have enclosed details of the trip below. The cost of the trip will be in the region of £2,000 but we hope that much of this can be obtained through fundraising. The more people we can get to go the cheaper it will be per person. If you wish to be considered for the trip please can you indicate below and bring in a deposit of £150 by 21st May, with a further £100 due on the 10th June. I am aware that this is a large sum of money to pay, but I assure you I will do all I can to keep the costs down and I would not recommend this trip unless I thought the benefits were well worth it. Cheques should be made payable to LOCKERBIE ACADEMY
IN-RESORT SAMPLE ITINERARY
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR TOUR
- Airport transfers in the UK
- Fully Comprehensive Insurance (mandatory)
- Meals & Transportation not indicated in itinerary
- Dinner on arrival evening
- Lunches on non-NASA days
- Cost of visas, full or collective passports
- Cost of inoculations or medication required for travel
- Additional sightseeing & entertainment options
- Hotel incidental bills – meals, mini-bar items, recreation charges, purchases billed to room, etc
- Personal expenditures
- Any gratuities – coach drivers, maid service, bellman service, tour Ambassador
- Additional taxes, fuel surcharges or service charges levied by the governments or our suppliers
- Baggage handling
Please get signed up as soon as possible so that we can start planning some fund raising ideas.