At the end of an S1 Unit of Science answer the following statements as thoroughly and carefully as possible to help your learning and self evaluation, to help you improve on your Science scores. Show your answers to your teacher and at home.
A. In this topic, I mostly enjoyed learning about ____________________
B. The part I found hardest to understand was ________________________
C. When I got stuck, I _________________________________
D. The most helpful class activities for me were (pick as many as you like):
1. Taking notes from the board,
2. Watching clips,
3. Doing experiments,
4. Listening to the teacher explaining,
5. Watching teacher demonstrations,
6. Whiteboard quizzes,
7. Answering questions in my jotter,
8. Going on the website,
9. Other (please state) ______________________________
E. To revise for my test, I ____________________________
F. Now I wish I had also ________________________________
G. I still find ___________________ hard to understand.
H. I would like to ask about _______________________________
If there is anything else you would like to add let your teacher know.
Topic: How Scientists from Scotland, or working in Scotland have made a big difference to our lives.
Task- Summary break down
To identify a topic
To present your work Details
1. You need to research and report on Scottish Science. Find some Science being carried out in Scotland that interests you, or some Scottish Scientists working abroad. The work must have happened after World War Two (WW2)- that means after 1945.
2. For the week beginning Monday 10th October, record on your template sheet who or what your chosen subject will be. This will then be discussed with your teacher to make sure it is meets the rules.
3. When your teacher has said your project meets the standard you should research more into your topic.
4. Present your work (by 18th November ) including the following:
a. Your Name,
b. Your Register class,
c. Who or what Science or Scientist you have researched?
d. What Science do carry out (this must be Science and not social science etc.)?,
e. How is this Science relevant to us?
f. What effect have they made on the environment or society?
g. Where did you get your information (include the sources); for example, record the website or book you used to obtain the information?
h. Try to find or draw some pictures to go with your topic i. The minimum length is one side of A4 paper, the maximum is 4 sides of A4 paper. The person submitting the best piece of work will win the JUNIOR SCIENCE TROPHY.
DEADLINES One sentence on who or what you plan to study: Science period during week beginning 10th October
Final document: 18th November
Homework Help: See your teacher if you need additional help or would like to attend a homework class to help get you started.