BEAR WITH ME AS I AM TRYING TO CHANGE THE LOOK OF THE PAGE. I’LL TRY TO RECOVER THE DETAILS ASAP. FOR NOW IF LIKE ME YOU CAN’T FIND ANYTHING, USE THE SEARCH
- Go to MENU on your phone
- Click on the COURSE MATERIALS (with the picture shown)
- or from a computer click on COURSE MATERIALS
- Navigate down until you come to the UNIT you want
- Some materials are in the REVISION section
- Most of the information is in the relevant TOPIC, enjoy!
It’s not going to be easy, but it’s going to be worth it.
Introduction to Higher Physics
- Analyse your work and identify Areas for Improvement
- Use past papers along with the SQA website – use “marking instructions”, your teacher will show you how.
- Attend after-school Supported Study regularly.
- Consult teachers at interval/lunchtime, perhaps to get help with homework or to borrow other resources.
- Refer to compendium document.
- Practice with “Basic Knowledge” or Tutorial Question.
- Make/obtain and use Flash Cards.
- Try mind-mapping/spider diagrams.
- Generate your own short notes/ summaries
- Familiarise with the equations on page 2, stick a copy in your jotter and add your own notes to these.
- Create and learn mnemonics (ROYGBIV – Richard of York Gave Battle in Vain, RMIVUXG but don’t overdo it)
- Plan weekly Revision timetable.
- Write and record mp3 files.
- Use Flash Learning , Scholar, Glesga Physics or other software
- Useful websites and departmental website.
- Post-it notes in your room/house (better ask first!)
- Remember to revise at the first opportunity after any lesson, asking yourself;
- What were the main learning objectives of the lesson?
- Do I understand these?
- What can I do to improve?
- 1 mark for the formula
- 1 mark for substitution
- 1 mark for the correct answer with the correct unit.